This poor sick baby boy fell asleep on me yesterday afternoon. Doesn’t he look sick and pitiful? Then he woke up coughing and choking and threw up all over me. Like really all over me and himself. So we both changed clothes and he had a quick bath. And then he fell back asleep on me while Lee tried to make the house not smell like puke. The pukiness definitely made me not feel like eating Super Bowl food. We checked on him in his crib when we went up to bed after the super bowl. Guess what? He was laying in puke. So we got him out of there and cleaned up again. So he slept with us. If you could call it sleeping. He slept with us until 1:30, and then I brought his restless self downstairs. It’s convenient that we’ve left our old mattress in the family room since Reagan’s birthday party sleepover. We went back to sleep at 3:00. Until 4:30. It wasn’t a great night.
But now we know why. I took him to the doctor this morning and he has ear infections in both ears. Again. I swear I think gets too many ear infections for a baby who stays home most of the time. He’s taking a forever long nap right now, getting caught up on the sleep he missed when he wasn’t feeling good last night. I’m hoping the antibiotic works quickly and he starts feeling better soon. And I’m hoping we sleep better tonight.Read More
I feel like I’ve been doing a sucky job of keeping up with my blog (and all the blogs I read and comment on) lately. I’m going to try to do a better job these next few slightly less busy weeks. Although, what am I saying? How are the holidays less busy? They are at least less busy than my year-end busy time at work. And now I’ll try not to refer to that time of year anymore for a few months. Because it’s over.
Anyway, I’m going with a completely random Life’s Lessons post this week because that’s how life’s been lately.
- Brinky was sick again this week, which I’ve probably already mentioned, with an ear infection. Lesson learned? He can handle another antibiotic that’s not penicillin. So that’s good news, and he’s feeling much better.
- Brinky is not interested in sleeping in his crib when he’s sick. He spent most of every night either in our bed or on the couch with me this week. At least we were sleeping most of the night the latter part of the week, so progress has been made.
- We really need to attempt (again) some sort of sleep training so he can sleep in his crib. All night.
- Now that Brinky’s almost one, Reagan’s starting to realize that she wishes she were still our baby and needing lots of extra attention. At least I have middle child experience to share with her. But I think I knew I was cooler than my brothers.
- We’ll be so glad when Jenny’s school musical finally happens in a couple weeks. I mean, because we’re so excited to see it. Not because we’re so sick of all the after school rehearsals.
- Jenny started a hip hop dance class last night. I’m seriously excited about it. She wants to record a video of some of the moves she learned this week. And I will be posting it.
- I love my Kindle Fire and my Roku player (exciting winnings from a couple weeks ago!). And I meant to write a blog post sharing my opinions on them this week. But I didn’t. Maybe next week.
- I haven’t started any Christmas shopping yet. And I don’t plan to for another couple weeks, I think. Last year I was panicked and felt like I had to get everything done early because I was nine months pregnant. This year? Not so much.
- It actually helps, even though it’s kind of weird for me, that both girls don’t believe in Santa, so there’s no pressure to track down some particular hot toy they’ve asked Santa to bring.
- One thing I am ready to do for Christmas? Try to get some awesome pictures for Christmas cards. One of my friends let me borrow her DSLR camera for the weekend, and after trying it out last night, I’m even more excited about the thousands of pictures I plan to take of my children this weekend. I know I’ll get some good ones!
Happy almost weekend!
Linking up with Rach for Life’s Lessons:
I feel like I’m being lazy this week so far with picture-filled posts. But I like sharing pictures. And I haven’t had time to do much more than that, so…I’ll continue with my usual Wednesday picture post.
Our microwave broke last week. We kind of need a microwave, and we knew we wouldn’t want to try Thanksgiving without one available, so I went and got a new one immediately. Our plan was to remove the old one and install the new one ourselves. After all, we had to remove and install a new disposal earlier this year, and we managed that. So surely we could do this, right? Well, I wouldn’t say it was easy, mostly because it was really heavy (which Lee can handle actually) and because I’m incapable of properly measuring things. But we did it! And it looks so nice. And it works.
What I didn’t realize would be the best thing about the new microwave though? The giant box it came in. Jenny immediately thought of it as a place to sit and watch TV. And her siblings joined in the fun.
This was last Friday. It’s still filled with pillows and blankets and being used as Jenny’s night time place to watch TV. Maybe our couches aren’t comfortable?
And completely unrelated, Brinky’s been sick the last few days. He has an ear infection. And he’s NOT happy about it. He’s had trouble sleeping and eating. Pretty much he’s having trouble existing. So he has to take his naps where and when he feels like he can. Isn’t he cute? Even though he’s sick?
These awesome family members in town for a special weekend visit for my sister-in-law’s birthday and Halloween (and Zero, who was taking pictures like I was instead of being in the picture):
and this suddenly sick for the first time at 10 1/2 months old baby:
are the reasons I haven’t kept up with posting or tweeting or anything else online the last few days (sorry, Klout – my family’s a lot more important than you are).Read More
It’s been a long week. And I’m so glad it’s Friday.
1. I hate being sick. Is this a new lesson? Not really. But I forget how much I dislike being sick until I am sick.
2. Reagan had a nasty cold the first part of the week. At least it seemed like a cold. But maybe allergies? Because this whole family has terrible allergies.
3. Did Reagan care? No. She’s a kid who does not ever want to miss school. She’d wake up each morning and ask if she had to stay home. Our response: No, of course you don’t have to stay home! As long as there’s no fever (there never was), you can go to school.
4. Did Jenny care that she wasn’t sick? Yes. Jenny loves being sick and staying home from school, so she took her temperature repeatedly throughout the week, just to check and see if she was getting sick even though she had no symptoms at all. (Again, maybe allergies, because those two sleep together, so Jenny probably would have gotten sick.)
5. So, allergies or cold, I woke up in the middle of the night/early morning on Wednesday not feeling too great. I don’t like it.
6. This is my busiest time of year at work (I think I’ve already mentioned that a million times, but it’s true) so there was not really any consideration given to staying home from work. Besides, Reagan sucked it up and went to school every day, so I could go to work, right?
7. How did she go to school every day feeling so bad and not even care?
8. It does seem more like allergies because I’ve been very sneezy. But by the end of the day yesterday, I’d sneezed so much that my
poor, unused abdominal muscles were sore.
9. I hate feeling all sick, even when it’s just a really bad allergy attack. And I must drive everyone at work (and Lee) crazy with constant sniffling and sneezing. I finally feel a bit better this morning, I think. And it’s Friday. And that’s awesome.
10. I’m willing myself to be completely better by tomorrow afternoon because we have several awesome visitors coming to spend Halloween with us. Clearly, my girls are excited.Read More