You probably haven’t noticed that I quit Project 365 because I was going such a terrible job of keeping up with it. So I decided to share a random assortment of phone pictures that I haven’t already posted on here from the last few weeks for today’s #iPPP post.
Reagan and her friend lounging backyard-pond-side a few weekends ago. I wouldn’t put my feet in that water, but they were fine with it.
Way back at the beginning of the school year, I had big plans (as usual) to be organized this year, including the use of this RE:Writes refrigerator white board for meal planning. Jenny instead uses it to share her current obsessions. Above: Can you tell she’s been re-reading Harry Potter? Below: And she watched The Princess Bride?
Brinky and Reagan being so sweet while he got ready for bedtime.
In bed, asleep with his ball. And his cat.
Reagan ready for tacky day at school. Just the thought of wearing a different shoe on each foot makes me uncomfortable.
Giant, long-haired, happy swinging boy.
I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this on here before or not, but we’ve planted a tree in our yard for each of our kids when they were born. In the foreground, Brinky’s little tree finally showing signs of growth. In the background above the pond? Jenny’s giant tree.
Just relaxing. (And if you’re wondering, that’s Jenny’s leg behind him – he’s not quite as contorted as it looks like he might be.)
All caught up! And happy to be linking up with Greta and Sarah again after I missed last week.Read More
When I don’t blog for a few days it’s so hard to decide on a post topic to get back into the swing of things. So I’m not even going to try! I’ll just do a random list post. Sound good? Great.
1. Reagan just walked in and said, “You know what I dreamed about two nights ago? I came down in the morning and you were drinking…coffee.” This was really freaky for her because we all know I think coffee’s gross and would never drink it. But I’d love a tasty cup of hot chocolate any time.
2. Brinky woke up so cheerful this morning. It’s awesome. He’s so cute. He just wanted to run around upstairs, entertaining himself by repeatedly throwing an empty Cheerwine bottle onto the floor and staring up at the string that hangs down from the attic stairs. And yelling, “Yay, yay, yay” over and over again. Does that count as talking?
3. I’m so behind on fall TV shows already. I only watch my shows when no one else is around (except sometimes Brinky), which limits my TV time to late at night or early morning, or every once in a while a weekend afternoon. And I’ve been so worn out from my busy time at work that I’ve been sleeping hard at night, which really puts a crimp in my TV watching plans. Don’t worry though – I am completely caught up on Parenthood, the best show on TV right this minute. And Grey’s Anatomy. So the shows I like to watch and cry are covered. The only new show I’m excited about is Nashville, but I haven’t watched it yet. You know, if you were wondering.
4. I feel like we’ve had too much McDonald’s recently in our quest to win the Monopoly game prizes.
5. I got Jenny a new dress and sweater to wear to a wedding this weekend. She tried the whole outfit on last night, and it looks great on her, but, um, she’s too grown up. This is the picture she posted on Instagram. (Try to ignore the dirty bathroom mirror.)
6. I should really be doing last night’s dishes instead of writing this post.
7. When your Google Reader gets to over 300 unread posts, do you give up and mark all as read? Or do you try to read them all? Just wondering.
8. I’m still thinking about the anti-bullying event the girls and I went to on Saturday. The speaker was the brother of one of the victims of the Columbine shooting, and it was serious stuff. I hope my girls remember the message of the importance of kindness. I know I will. Though it only stopped their fighting for about 15 minutes.
9. One of Brinky’s current favorite things to do? Feed me. He’s so sweet about it. Sort of. He just tries to shove food in to my mouth. The waffle that he just pushed on me was okay. What’s not so cool is when he decides to pre-chew for me. That’s gross.
10. I just feel like lists aren’t complete unless there are 10 items.Read More
I had several ideas for topics to blog about today, but rather than follow through with an actual entire post about any of them, which just seems too difficult right this minute, I thought I’d just list them out.
- I was upset with my girls because I felt like they didn’t really want to talk to me when they were out of town this weekend. (Actually I wrote this whole post, and then decided not to post it because it seemed like I was being silly and unreasonable once I wrote it all out.). Basically, I just want them to want to talk to me when they’re not here without me forcing it.
- I can’t stop thinking about this week’s Breaking Bad and what I think is going to happen the rest of the season. Walt is now so evil it’s hard to watch.
- I wish Brinky would start talking. And I wonder if I should be more worried about it than I am. We’re trying to limit pacifier time, and I think that should help him be more verbal in general. But I’d like him to be verbal in the form of WORDS and talking, not SCREAMING and SQUEALING. That’s not cool.
- I’m starting to think this whole PTA treasurer thing is going to take a lot more time than I expected this year. But I like being more involved in the school, so I think I’m going to enjoy it overall.
- Back to school is on my mind often. How will Jenny do in middle school? Not academically; I’m not worried about that (I say right now – I’ll worry about it later). How will she do with all the changes coming her way? She’s recently been so worried about her weight and her appearance, and I don’t want the meanness of middle school girls to make it worse. She’s beautiful. How will Reagan do in elementary school without her big sister around? Will she like her new teacher?
What’s on your mind? Anything interesting? I realized that what’s on my mind is usually some kind of worry. Except Breaking Bad thoughts. Those aren’t really worries. I mean, they are, but since the show’s not real I shouldn’t waste too much thinking time on them.Read More
Even though I was off work on Monday, it’s seemed like an incredibly long week. So I’m even happier than usual that it’s Friday. I thought I’d celebrate with random pictures I took of my children last night.
All 3 kids piled in one chair in the family room. Because there’s nowhere else to sit.
Reagan wanted me to take her picture. I took several. Jenny photo-bombed every single one.
A close-up of a photo bomb. This cracks me up. Look at Reagan’s face. She’s so upset.
And the cutest, sweetest little curly-haired boy. I can’t get enough of him. (That’s not true. I totally can.)
I didn’t get around to writing a post during the latter part of the week, so I thought I’d take the lazy way out and write a random list post today.
1. I was going to write a Magazine Day post for the first time in a few weeks, but I can’t. Why? Because my US Weekly from this week has gone missing. Before I even finished reading it. Now I’ll never know why Katie left Tom.
2. I broke our baby. He stays on such a good schedule and sleeps so well during the week normally. Suddenly he’s regressed to only being willing to sleep on me. Even during the day. I hope he returns to his regularly scheduled programming on Monday for Lee.
3. Jenny’s starting to get a little obsessed about her upcoming birthday and making very specific plans for it. She has a wishlist on Amazon full of Hunger Games and PLL stuff. (Everyone’s just supposed to know that PLL stands for Pretty Little Liars, according to Jenny).
4. Um, can you believe she’s going to be 11 in 11 days? (Reagan pointed out that little fact this morning.)
5. Apparently both girls are into fun fake internet shopping these days, so I’ve spent time with both of them adding thousands of dollars of clothing from Justice, Children’s Place and Old Navy into fake shopping carts this week. Back to school shopping’s going to be awesome. And they may be disappointed.
6. It’s too hot. It’s not even the hottest day we’ve had so far. It’s only a mild 96 degrees today, but it feels like the hottest day ever. Maybe because my 30 pound baby won’t get off of me.
7. Also, my 8-year-old won’t get off me. No matter how many times I say, “No, it’s too hot. It’s too hot. Get off of me.”
8. We’re trying this chicken for dinner. I hope it’s good. I love you, Pinterest, even if it doesn’t turn out well.
9. Brinky’s making lots of weird noises all the time lately. But none of them are words.
10. There are children all around me right now playing hide and seek. I’m trying hard to ignore them.