Food’s the topic for Monday Listicles this week, and I’m always ready to talk about food! I decided to share 10 Pinterest recipe successes. I’ve pinned so many things that I haven’t gotten around to making on Pinterest (especially crafts – I’m just not crafty), but I actually do try some of the recipes I pin. The easier ones. Here are a few from my Recipes We’ve Made board that we’ve enjoyed – most have been enjoyed more than once.
Starting with breakfast…
1. Butterscotch Rolls – I just made these this weekend. They were delicious. And easy. The base was Rhodes Dinner Rolls, which it turns out are the best base for…pretty much everything. They’re light and fluffy and the caramel was perfectly ooey and gooey. Bonus – the butterscotch topping hardened into basically toffee for later snacking.
Moving right onto dinners…
2. Crockpot Ribs – We’re having these again this week. My husband loves some ribs, and he says he prefers these to any restaurant ribs he’s ever had. Plus, like pretty much anything I try and like – easy!
3. Crockpot Shredded Beef – This is actually in my crockpot cooking as I type. It’s one of our favorite crockpot beef recipes. We don’t use it for tacos – it’s plenty good on its own.
4. Baked Spaghetti – This recipe taught us that crispy fried onions – and cream cheese – make something that was already delicious even better.
5. Spicy & Creamy Sausage Pasta – This was one of the first recipes I tried on Pinterest, and still one of our favorites. It’s the meal that caused my girls to raise their hands when asked if they love dinner a couple weeks ago! (I’m linking to my own pin because my version is slightly modified from the original recipe I tried.)
6. Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken – This one’s so simple and so tasty. The sweet and spicy and salty combo is just delicious. We just lay the bacon on top of the chicken – it’s not quite as pretty, but the bacon on the bottom of the chicken didn’t cook as much as the part on the top when they were wrapped around.
7. Garlic Chicken Farfalle – Can you tell we love pasta? I think it’s the Italian in us. This is another one of our favorites – we had it last week and I swear it gets better every time. Plus it’s an awesome leftover! I like that part of the cooking effort takes place in the crockpot.
8. Crockpot Mashed Potatoes – I mentioned these after Thanksgiving, and I find I’m still thinking about them and the fact that I could make mashed potatoes in the middle of the week now! Normally I wouldn’t because they take just a little too much time and effort for a weeknight. But not in the crockpot!
9. Best Rolls Eve r - As I mentioned above, Rhodes Dinner Rolls are awesome. They’re also the base for these delicious rolls.
10. Rolos Cookies – Last but not least, one recent dessert recipe. These Rolos cookies only have 4 ingredients, so they’re easy. And, in case I haven’t used this word enough in this post, delicious. You should try them.
So, to sum up…I love Pinterest. Especially for finding recipes. I’m currently searching for the perfect idea for a treat to include in our teacher gifts. Do you have any suggestions for me?