He’s almost never annoying. His crying is even cute.
- Whining children – I was going to list each of my children separately as items 1 through 3 on this list, but I thought that would be mean. (Really they deserve more than the first 3 spots.) What really drives me crazy though is the whining, so I’ll list that as the most annoying sound. The rest of the list is in no particular order other than the order I thought of them.
- Alarm clock – While the alarm clock is annoying any morning, what I find most annoying is if we wake up before the alarm clock, but forget to turn it off, so it goes off anyway. We’re downstairs, and we hear this annoying beeping. Instead of just reaching over from bed to turn it off, I have to get up and go upstairs. Super-annoying.
- Loudly chewing gum – Do you know anyone who loudly chews their gum? It’s annoying. I think this is why my mom didn’t like us to chew gum when I was a kid.
- Loud commercials – Don’t you hate it when you’re watching a show (live for some reason instead of using the DVR) and the commercials come on and they’re SO INCREDIBLY LOUD? I do.
- Fire alarm beeping – I mean, when there’s no fire. You know when the battery’s dying and it starts beeping and it’s almost impossible to get it to stop, even when you change the batteries? Or does that only happen to us.
- My two least favorite songs – I can name with no hesitation my two least favorite songs in the world (Black Velvet by Alannah Myles and Believe by Cher), and I can’t stand it if I hear them.
- Dog whining – I think this one annoys me more than children whining. They whine if they want to come in and they whine if they want to go out. Why can’t they just politely ask?
- Cats scratching on the door – Similar to above. The cats scratch the door when they want to go in or out. I guess the reaction to either one should be for me to get up and let them in or out, but I’d rather just sit and be annoyed that someone else in the house isn’t taking care of it.
- Ticking of the turn signal – After you’ve already turned! Or windshield wipers on when it’s not raining anymore. Either of those sounds seem so much louder when they’re no longer necessary.
- That annoying sound you can’t locate – Sometimes, something electronic in the house will start humming – often the TV or something hooked up to the TV. Or something will start quietly beeping somewhere in the house. It may not be the most annoying sound, but the fact that you can’t find it and stop it makes it exponentially more annoying.
Linking up with Stasha (and I’m not even late this week!):