If I don’t manage to post as much in the next couple of weeks, it will be because there’s so much happening at the end of the school year, besides all of the stuff that’s always happening with work and life with three kids. Maybe I’ll surprise myself and be organized enough to write about each of these things (unless they’re really boring), but I thought I’d share what’s going on so you know why I’m not posting as often (if anyone cares).
- We just attended family wedding #1 over the weekend.
- Jenny had a big Battle of the Books competition on Monday – and her team destroyed the kids from the super-smart school, so that was awesome.
- Friday is Field Day. I always take off for Field Day to go hang out and do what I can with the girls’ classes. Jenny’s still mad that I’m not doing anything special for her class, but hopefully she’ll get over it. I’m leaving the baby at home to see if I have any chance of successfully running back and forth between the girls’ classes to catch most of their events.
- Reagan has 3 gymnastics classes left before we skip the final end of year gold medal ceremony that’s always long and crowded and generally terrible. I believe this is the end of her gymnastics career. We got the letter that she’s officially been promoted to Level 3, so she’s thinking about continuing, but it’s just generally too much for her, so I think we’re done.
- Reagan’s class picnic is next Thursday at school, so I’ll be spending my lunch time there.
- Jenny has her hip hop class dress rehearsal and then recital next Friday. She’s not even a little bit excited. Unless you count being excited to be finished with hip hop class.
- One of Jenny’s friends has invited her to her family’s mountain cabin for the weekend, but she won’t be able to go with them on Friday because of her recital. Being the nice mom that she sometimes doesn’t deserve (can you tell we started our morning with a fight?), I’m planning to drive her up there Saturday morning to spend the weekend with a couple of her friends.
- Jenny has her elementary school graduation on June 7, followed by a party at the roller skating rink. We already picked out her pretty orange-ish pink dress (because orange is Peeta’s favorite color). I’m taking off that day to enjoy those festivities. And then returning to work the next day while Lee and the girls get settled in for their fun summer at home.
And that’s the next couple weeks. During the second half of June we have Lee’s birthday, Father’s Day, and my brother’s wedding.