This week’s Monday Listicles is extra fun because it’s combining Monday Listicles with Stacey’s new An Hour in a Day linkup. I linked up a couple weeks ago, and it was a fun post, and of course I love Monday Listicles, so it’s a great combination.
An Hour in a Day: Sunday 7:35 PM
- 7:35 – Put the baby to bed, stupidly thinking that he’ll go to sleep because he’s napped terribly and seems very tired.
- 7:41 – Lee’s car isn’t used very often since he prefers to be at home as much as possible. We made the mistake of not starting it periodically, so when he went to use it last weekend, we discovered it was dead. We tried to jump it last weekend and failed. So I did some internet research and determined that we really needed to let the battery charge for about 20 minutes to get it going. All of that was a really long explanation for 7:41 – I went outside and pulled my car down to the bottom of the driveway and hooked up the jumper cables to start charging.
- 7:43 – I went back inside to make sure the baby was asleep. I heard a loud thump. The girls were doing something in their room in an effort to wake up their brother. At least that’s what it seemed like to me. Before I went upstairs to yell at them, I noticed two of their friends were behind me at the front door wanting them to go out and play. So I went up and got them with only a brief moment of yelling at them for trying to wake up their brother and sent them out to play. Brinky was clearly not asleep, but I thought I’d let him try to get to sleep for a bit longer.
- 7:47 – Back outside to check on the cars. Realize it’s only been 6 minutes and this 20 minutes is going to drag by.
- 7:51 – Check on baby again. He’s jumping and yelling and very awake so I got him back out of the crib and took him outside so he could chase the cats and run around in the street. (Don’t worry – we live in a cul-de-sac where there’s no traffic.)
- 7:55 – Make Jenny take the baby since they woke him up.
- 8:01 – It’s finally been 20 minutes! Lee gets in his car to attempt to start it, fully believing it won’t start, even though I’m being all positive and convinced it will. It starts! Victory.
- 8:05 – I move my car back out of the driveway and go to take Lee’s car out for a drive for a few minutes just to be sure it will keep the charge. When I get ready to pull out, Lee stops me because he realizes the front tire is almost flat. I decide it should be fine to get to the gas station and put air in it.
- 8:20 – Pull into the gas station and put air in the tires. I’ve actually never done this before, and at this point, I was basically feeling like an awesome car mechanic because I’d managed to jump the car and put air in the tires.
- 8:35 – Arrive back home with a car that’s running much better. And remind myself that I really need to remember to take the car out every once in awhile so we don’t have to go through all of this again.
A fun hour, right? And if you’re wondering, yes, the baby was still awake when I got back, but he very sweetly fell asleep on me on the couch at about 9:00.