I’ve taken an unintentional week off of blogging. So I feel a need to do a quick catch-up post! So what have we been up to since I last posted a week ago? Besides the obvious fun of lots of busy times at work for me and Lee’s hard work on his book:
1. Reagan returned to gymnastics on Saturday and seemed recovered from her crushing disappointment a couple weeks ago. She’d actually already decided not to continue gymnastics after this year, and the demo day a couple weeks ago was the last one for the year. So I told her she should just relax and have fun for the last few classes since there’s no pressure…and she actually did. I think. Or she faked it well at least.
2. Jenny stayed away from us as much as possible over the weekend. Just kidding. Kind of. She went to one friend’s house for a sleepover Friday night and a different friend’s house for another sleepover on Saturday. This is what she’s like these days. Of course we’ve told her she has to stop talking about the Hunger Games constantly at home (and she’s not doing a very good job of it) so she has to go elsewhere to talk about it.
3. Speaking of Jenny and her Hunger Games obsession, she seems to think she’s not obsessed. Some boy apparently dared to incorrectly talk about when Katniss and Peeta kissed for the first time. She informed he was wrong because she knows when and where it happened and referred him to page 72 of the book. And then got mad that he said she’s obsessed. Um, I think she is.
4. We celebrated Weester on Sunday. Mostly with lots of candy. (I’ll post pictures some time later.) The only candy I put in Brinky’s basket was Peeps. I thought they’d be okay for him and easy for him to eat. But guess what? He actually didn’t like them. He did have a little chocolate – and liked it. And I tried not to eat too much of it.
5. Though I didn’t talk about it much, Brinky seemed to finally turn into a good sleeper around 14 months. But he’s veering towards sucky sleeping again. He used to go down at 7:00 or 7:30 – he was good at that part. Now we can’t get him to go down in the evening. And he seriously won’t stop pretty much running around all night. And then he wakes up in the middle of the night – and I’m tired so I bring him into our bed so we can all uncomfortably go back to sleep. And then Lee wakes up a couple hours later and points out that there’s a baby in the bed. And I get up and put him back. And then we get up early in the morning and start another day. It’s not nearly as bad as he used to be actually, but I get spoiled when he sleeps well for a few weeks. Or a day even. Of course now that I’ve complained about it, he actually went to sleep at 7:00 tonight, so we’ll see how tomorrow is.
6. The girls got awesome report cards again. Like exactly the same as last quarter – all A’s for Jenny and above grade level for Reagan. I think they’re smart. We had very exciting celebrations – Reagan picked Wendy’s for dinner Tuesday night, and Jenny picked Bojangles for tonight’s dinner. Healthy, right?
7. Remember how much teeny baby Brinky loved the turkey clock? Good news! Now he can actually climb on top of the book case to study it up close. (This is not actually good news, if that wasn’t clear.)
8. Something that is fun for Brinky? Endless games of where’s Brinky where he hides behind the curtains in the family room and then pops out to surprise us.
9. We had some outside fun spotting giant frogs in the pond and hanging out on the swings.
10. In my efforts to attempt to plan some convenient dinners for a couple of the days I was out of town for work meetings this week, we tried one of the yummiest baked spaghetti casseroles ever. Who knew a little cream cheese and french fried onions on the top would make such a difference?
And finally (I guess this wasn’t actually a quick post), a couple other fun pictures from the past week: