Or maybe I should say toddlers get into everything now that he’s really a toddler. Here are some of the things we’ve learned Brinky can do this week he’s been living as an only child:
1. He can now reach onto the edges of the high kitchen counters.
2. So he pulled down the pizza cutter that was out on the counter (and didn’t cut himself) and then a cup of coffee he poured all over himself (not hot fortunately).
3. We’ve been wedging a gate between the banisters at the bottom of the stairs to keep both Brinky and the dogs from going upstairs. He climbed that gate this week.
4. Oh yeah – he can climb the stairs with ease now.
5. He can and will climb on any and every piece of furniture in the family room – couches, chairs, tables.
6. And if we leave any pieces of furniture close together, he’ll use one to climb to another.
7. If we try to block something we don’t want him to touch or climb on with a box, he will try to eat that box.
8. He will stand up in his high chair as soon as he’s done eating.
9. He can reach doorknobs and wrap his hand around them, but hasn’t figured out how to turn them. Yet. So we’ve got that one still.
10. But he has a lot of fun while he’s getting into everything. And his smile’s awfully cute.