Since I already listed my guilty pleasures a few months ago (and they really haven’t changed any), I thought I’d do two lists of five guilty-pleasure related things for my whole list of 10 this week.
I’m going to start with a music-related guilty pleasure list – music I secretly love to listen to but am a little embarrassed about. There are actually way too many of these for me to list, so I’m sticking with 5 pretty random choices.
1. New Kids on the Block – I still love to listen to some NKOTB. It probably doesn’t even belong on this list because I’m not even that embarrassed by it. My favorite song of theirs still? Please Don’t Go Girl. I love Joe’s little voice.
2. Tiffany – Somewhat related to New Kids, I think (remember when she supposedly dated Jonathan Knight?). For some reason, my iPod has popped up a lot of Tiffany when I put it on shuffle lately, and I can admit that I don’t switch to another song. My favorite? Hold an Old Friend’s Hand.
3. Naughty by Nature – And now for something completely different, I loved some Naughty by Nature, okay? And we’re gearing up for the perfect weather for me to roll down the windows and listen to Feel Me Flow, a perfect windows-down summer song.
4. Grease soundtrack – My girls and I love to listen to the Grease soundtrack. Summer Nights is probably my favorite, but We Go Together is the most fun to sing because the girls think it’s funny that I actually know most of the lyrics.
5. Jonas Brothers – There was a time around three years ago when I really enjoyed some of my girls’ favorite music like Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers and High School Musical. I’ve mostly quit Miley because she kind of bothers me as a person these days, and High School Musical leans towards annoying, but I still love some Jonas Brothers music. And I will always listen to it when it pops up. I think my favorite is Lovebug, but I must say it’s a very tough choice.
My other guilty pleasure list for today is five websites I love to waste time on. Of course, none of the blogs I love to read are included on this list. They’re not time wasters.
- Damn You, Autocorrect – I love to make Lee sit and look at this website with me while we laugh until we’re crying. Our girls have actually worried before that we were going to be sick from laughing so much. It’s hilarious.
- The Superficial – We all know I love some celebrity gossip. I love The Superficial’s very opinionated (and sometimes slightly offensive) take on the latest celebrity news.
- Pinterest – Since I often find things of value on Pinterest (like some awesome recipe successes), I probably shouldn’t put it on the list, but I definitely have times that I just sit and stare at pins. I also like to filter the pins, so sometimes I just look at pins in the Humor category, and other times (when I’m hungry), I just look at the Food category.
- Sporcle – Maybe this isn’t a guilty pleasure either because trivia is educational, right? We enjoy doing Sporcle quizzes as a family. As long as I’m the one in charge of the computer. Everyone else (Jenny) types too slow so we end up running out of time.
- The Oatmeal – I love the Oatmeal’s comics! They are so perfectly right and hilarious. Every single one. Here’s one of my favorites:
I think it’s obvious from my old guilty pleasures list and these shorter ones that I don’t have a shortage of guilty pleasures in my life. And I have to say, starting today, my husband and I are enjoying one of the ultimate guilty pleasures – KIDS AT THE GRANDPARENTS’ HOUSE!* Sometimes I feel a little guilty for enjoying the time when they’re gone. But not too guilty. Especially because they seemed to spend yesterday trying to be as annoying as possible so we’d be happy to have them leave.
*But not the baby. We kept him here.