I feel like I’ve been doing a sucky job of keeping up with my blog (and all the blogs I read and comment on) lately. I’m going to try to do a better job these next few slightly less busy weeks. Although, what am I saying? How are the holidays less busy? They are at least less busy than my year-end busy time at work. And now I’ll try not to refer to that time of year anymore for a few months. Because it’s over.
Anyway, I’m going with a completely random Life’s Lessons post this week because that’s how life’s been lately.
- Brinky was sick again this week, which I’ve probably already mentioned, with an ear infection. Lesson learned? He can handle another antibiotic that’s not penicillin. So that’s good news, and he’s feeling much better.
- Brinky is not interested in sleeping in his crib when he’s sick. He spent most of every night either in our bed or on the couch with me this week. At least we were sleeping most of the night the latter part of the week, so progress has been made.
- We really need to attempt (again) some sort of sleep training so he can sleep in his crib. All night.
- Now that Brinky’s almost one, Reagan’s starting to realize that she wishes she were still our baby and needing lots of extra attention. At least I have middle child experience to share with her. But I think I knew I was cooler than my brothers.
- We’ll be so glad when Jenny’s school musical finally happens in a couple weeks. I mean, because we’re so excited to see it. Not because we’re so sick of all the after school rehearsals.
- Jenny started a hip hop dance class last night. I’m seriously excited about it. She wants to record a video of some of the moves she learned this week. And I will be posting it.
- I love my Kindle Fire and my Roku player (exciting winnings from a couple weeks ago!). And I meant to write a blog post sharing my opinions on them this week. But I didn’t. Maybe next week.
- I haven’t started any Christmas shopping yet. And I don’t plan to for another couple weeks, I think. Last year I was panicked and felt like I had to get everything done early because I was nine months pregnant. This year? Not so much.
- It actually helps, even though it’s kind of weird for me, that both girls don’t believe in Santa, so there’s no pressure to track down some particular hot toy they’ve asked Santa to bring.
- One thing I am ready to do for Christmas? Try to get some awesome pictures for Christmas cards. One of my friends let me borrow her DSLR camera for the weekend, and after trying it out last night, I’m even more excited about the thousands of pictures I plan to take of my children this weekend. I know I’ll get some good ones!
Happy almost weekend!
Linking up with Rach for Life’s Lessons: